The government of Ontario is convinced of the benefits that the Dutch integral approach, concerning waste, water and soil in relation to spatial planning, is best suited for their plans.
- An overview of the main challenges for the soil in the redevelopment of the Toronto Waterfront;
- the experts of the proposed Canadian beneficiaries are informed on:
- existing policy and regulation within the Netherlands related to responsible development of soil recycling facilities (= soil banking in combination with treatment facility);
- judicial and financial analyses of a soil recycling facility;
- best practices in use in the Netherlands on soil bank management, inspection and permit requirements;
- the added value of this new development from an environmental, financial, employment point of view.
- a published, concise session report.
Integrated soil management